3.04.2015

Update (may contain feelings)


Hmm I wonder how many of these 'sorry for not blogging for ages' posts I've done...

I'm sorry for blogging very little recently I've been so busy with university work, with deadlines here,
deadlines there. For once though I feel like I can get things finished and without stressing so much I make myself ill. Okay, so for everybody who told me a positive attitude helps you can say I told you so. I really can't wait to finish my work and hand it so I can enjoy my birthday weekend (I'm 21!!!!! Help!)

Yes below is a photo of my Grandad doing the Mobot (athlete Mo Farah's signature pose) back in 2012. Best photo ever!
Unfortunately, recently both of my grandparents have been in hospital and are now both in some form of care. My Grandma will hopefully be able to return to her bungalow after she has recovered from a chest infection. My Grandad has got dementia and is refusing to eat or drink as he believes that people are trying to poison him (due to dementia). I really struggle to accept he wont get better and that he doesn't remember who I am. I'm crossing everything that he starts eating and drinking soon. I wish I could go back to when I was little when I'd spend my summer holidays with my grandparents and we'd get up to all sorts of mischief. Going on the weekly shop with them seemed like the biggest adventure to me. Luckily I have the best memory for all things that happened to me when I was a wee nipper, so I can remember my happiest times with them like it was yesterday.

I would really like to get into blogging more, which probably won't happen until I finish uni for summer in May. I want to do a few D.I.Y posts, mainly crafty things and having a step to step how with photos to go along. Maybe, recipes but, I don't really cook or bake much, I might feature some of my sisters baking on here too. I would love to do outfit posts as I love fashion and styling but, I don't really have the confidence to stand and pose for photos. Wish I could live by the quote on the illustration on right hand side of this writing. 

In the summer I'd love to set up an online shop to sell a few things I plan to make (wall hangings, bunting, scrunchies etc) and hopefully sell some prints of my illustrations and do illustration commissions.


I hope you are well! Thank you so much if you just read through all of that :-) 
K x

2 comments

  1. So sorry to hear about your grandparents! Luckily you have grand memories to hold on to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I will definitely treasure those memories forever :-)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Marie. Design by Fearne.